Purchased an agricultural planter and need to transport it to your farm? Don’t know how to start comparing transport companies and costs? FreightQuotes is the simple, online tool that links you to reputable farm equipment transport companies operating in your area. It’s free to get your transport quotes in any area of Australia.
How to Get 3 Precise Quotes
Planter movers will need to know the size of your agricultural planter. If yours is a modern planter, it may be very large and heavy. Depending on its size, the options for transporting a planter range from a tilt tray truck with a winch for loading, to a flatbed truck if you have your own loading equipment. If your planter is oversized, then a drop deck truck and trailer, or a float may be needed to haul it.
Please communicate these essentials in your freight quotes request:
- Specify your loading and unloading equipment if you have any.
- If you don’t have loading equipment, mention this and the transporters can look after that side of things for you.
- Weight and full dimensions of your agricultural planter.
- Your planter’s make and model.
- Upload a few photos of your planter so we can find the right truck and trailer for you.
- Do you need a local, regional or interstate transport quote? We help people Australia-wide, just ensure you use correct suburbs so you can get correct transport costs.
Choose the Best Farm Equipment Transport Service
When you have your 3 quotes, it pays to contact the farm equipment transport services and do a little research. Satisfy yourself about the company’s insurance coverage and the transport costs you’ve been quoted. Make sure the service can meet your timeline.
Find out how they’ll keep your planter secure and if any preparation is needed on your part. If applicable, discuss permits and loading/unloading procedures. Finally, does the farm equipment transport service make you feel like a valued customer?
When you’re comfortable, simply select your favourite transport quote and get your agricultural planter moved.