Purchased a farm header comb and need to compare haulage prices to move it? Need a local, metropolitan or interstate haulage quote within Australia? FreightQuotes has registered heavy haulage companies with the know-how and equipment to move your farm header comb.
It’s free to get your 3 transport quotes. Save time and use FreightQuotes today.
Requesting Farm Equipment Transport Costs
Header combs are often heavy, expensive farm equipment, so one important detail transporters will need to know is how you plan to load and unload your header comb. You can write a note in the description field specifying what equipment you’ll be using. Don’t have your own loading/unloading equipment? No problem. Write a note requesting a transporter to do this for you and we’ll connect you with transporters who’ve got the right truck and equipment.
Transporters will look at your header comb’s weight, height and dimensions to see if their truck and trailer can safely transport it. Make sure you write these into your request, and the make and model too if you know it. If you’re not sure, then just supply your best estimate, and if possible, upload some photos in your request. This way, transporters know what your freight needs are and exactly what they’re quoting on.
Have other farm equipment to be hauled? Save time and money by putting all your equipment in one request. Thinking of buying a header comb and want some costs? Select “planning and budgeting”.
Remember to advise the transporters if either premises has narrow driveways, steep entrances or safety hazards. Be informed about safety precautions regarding the loading and unloading of farm equipment so your header comb delivery can be performed smoothly.
Compare Heavy Equipment Transport Quotes
Here are our top tips for deciding between your 3 heavy equipment transport quotes:
- Speak directly to each heavy equipment transporter. Their contact details are in “My Quotes”.
- Find out about the transporter’s insurance cover.
- Request a written quote and understand total costs, potential extra costs (if it’s not a fixed price quote) and payment terms.
- Research the transporter’s expertise and equipment.
- Ask for advice about loading/unloading, permits (if applicable), the company’s procedures and anything else you may be unsure of.
- Consider the heavy equipment transporter’s level of customer service.
When you’ve got these details, and with no obligation, you simply choose the best haulage quote for your farm header comb.